Chocolate Bark with a Boost
46 days Ago| Recipes
-250g Changing Habits cacao melts or Changing Habits cacao chips
-Rapadura sugar Changing Habits Rapadura Sugar or Thankfully Nourished Monk Fruit Concentrate to taste
-2 tablespoons of coconut oil
-5 drops of Wild Orange/ Peppermint Essential Oil (optional)
-3 teaspoons of medicinal mushrooms ( Teelixir Tremella Mushroom or Superfeast I am Gaia or Life Cykel Shiitake Mushroom Liquid Extract or Shroom to Improve Lion’s Mane and/or adaptogens The Grove Ashwagandha
-½ teaspoon of Changing Habits probiotic powder Changing Habits Probiotics (optional)
-Sprinkle toppings such as seeds, nuts, coconut flakes, dried fruit, spices**
1. Line a baking dish with baking paper.
2. melt Cacao melts and coconut oil over a double boiler on a medium heat. If using rapadura sugar add this too so that it melts.
3. Otherwise use monk fruit concentrate after cacao has melted and add, essential oil, medicinal mushrooms and probiotic powder. Whisk so dissolved.
4. Spread mixture to about 1.5cm into the baking dish.
5. Sprinkle with toppings ensuring that they are pressed into the chocolate.
6. Place in the fridge and allow to set.
7. Once set, break or/and cut bark into pieces.
8. Relish and enjoy.
Tremella is a great mushroom to add for a little sweetness. Reishi, Lion’s Mane, Chaga, Cordyceps and Ashwagandha have amazing benefits but with no distinct taste so brilliant for adding to Chocolate Bark.
**Ideas for toppings include:
-Seeds such as hemp seeds Hemp Foods Australia Hemp Seeds and pumpkin seeds
-Nuts such as almonds Food to Nourish Activated Almonds , cashews Food to Nourish Activated Cashew Nuts , pecans and macadamia nuts
-Dried fruit such as goji berries, cherries and blue berries
-Spices such as cinnamon or ginger