Benefits of Gelatin and Collagen?
There is so much hype around about collagen and gelatin – what is the difference? What do you look for to ensure your collagen/gelatin is real food, clean and pure?
Let’s dive in …..
So, what is collagen?
Collagen is already in your beautiful bod and is one of the most important proteins you have. It is like a glue that binds you together. Your skin, gut, joints, connective tissues, bones, cartilage, teeth, hair and nails all depend upon this epic protein.
Have a look at our blog “What’s the buzz about collagen?” to find out more.
And, what about Gelatin?
Gelatin is derived from collagen. It comes from collagen that has been broken down. When stock is made, the collagen in the bones, breaks down and gelatin is born. If you make stock, sometimes you see that it is jelly-like…. that’s thanks to gelatin.
Have a read of our blog “What’s the ‘tail’ behind Gelatin” to discover more.
What are the benefits of collagen and gelatin?
Traditional diets used to eat from nose to tail of the animal or fish. Modern diet sadly seems to have abandoned this tradition. The result: our bodies miss out on the amino acids (the proteins) that are available from these sources.
Introduce ….. collagen and gelatin. These powders can enhance the “glue” proteins that we may be missing out on.
1. Improves skin health – collagen is a building block for the skin, helps to improve elasticity and tone the skin, reduce wrinkles, and reduce cellulite stretch marks;
2. Supports nails, teeth and hair – collagen helps to strengthen nails, teeth and hair;
3. Reduces joint inflammation and pain;
5. Improves hormone balance – helps to enhance glutathione which in turn helps to detox excess hormones (estrogen) in the bod;
6. Improves your mood – assists with chemicals to combat depression and anxiety as well as just making you more focused, mentally alert and happy;
7. Aids digestion – collagen is so easy to absorb. Some of the amino acids assist with nutrient assimilation as well as regulating insulin sensitivity and soothing the gut lining;
8. Improves sleep quality;
9. Assists with detoxification – the glycine found in collagen helps the body to detox toxins, heavy metals and chemicals from the body. Unfortunately, we are all exposed to unwanted toxins today; and
10. Helps to reduce stress – collagen has been found to aid the adrenals, which can over-react in stressful situations.
How do you add these nutrient dense powders into you day?
Have a read of our blog…. to discover more.
More in Jivita Life